Look out Chipotle, this lady has started making burrito bowls at home. Okay, seriously, they don’t have to look out…I could never make anything as tasty as Chipotle. Their chips and guacamole are enough to keep me coming back for life. However, this homemade version is pretty tasty and definitely cheaper! I made a chicken burrito bowl, but you could substitute anything you want!
Here’s the recipe for the marinade I used from All Recipes.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Mix together marinade ingredients
- Cover chicken with marinade & refrigerate overnight
- Coat skillet with olive oil (about 2 tablespoons), and turn up to medium heat
- Cook chicken thoroughly
Once I had my cooked chicken, I simply layered it with my other burrito bowl ingredients. First, I put in my Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice, then added my chicken, then some Bush’s Seasoned Pinto Beans (straight from a can…I’m fancy like that.), and finally some shredded Mexican blend cheese. That’s it! Of course, feel free to make it your own! You could add salsa, lettuce, sour cream, grilled bell pepper and onion, black beans…the possibilities are endless!