Regardless of your hair texture, I think dry shampoo is something that everyone should take advantage of! My hair isn’t thin, but it IS stick straight, which means I can always use a little help in the volume department. On top of that, I have naturally oily hair, so dry shampoo is a lifesaver for me! As you can imagine, I’ve tried TONS of dry shampoos, so I wanted to share five of my favorites with you.
- This is probably my most used dry shampoo! I have linked and pictured the unscented bottle, but I love the original scent as well. The price can’t be beat, especially considering that you get 7 oz. of product. It dries up all the excess oil in my hair while keeping it silky enough to run my fingers through. This is one of the first dry shampoos I ever tried, and I stay loyal to it because it works!
Not Your Mother’s Plump for Joy Bodybuilding Dry Shampoo (Orange Mango)
- I tried this dry shampoo specifically for the scent, and it smells amazing! I feel like a lot of dry shampoos have a distinct smell, and while it isn’t unpleasant, sometimes I don’t want the scent of my hair to announce to the room that it’s loaded with dry shampoo! This bottle definitely added a bit more volume than the original Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo, and I loved the results.
- My mom actually bought this dry shampoo for me to try, and I’m so glad she did! According to Dove, this dry shampoo is “created especially for those with flat hair that can be oily, a little limp or weighed down between washes.” That is EXACTLY my hair type, and this dry shampoo definitely works wonders. It leaves my hair looking fresh and adds volume at my roots whenever I use it.
Batiste Dry Shampoo (Sassy & Daring Wild Scent)
- Batiste has a plethora of dry shampoos including ten different scents, different tones for hair colors, and one that even claims to strengthen your hair! My favorite scents are wild, tropical, and fresh, but I’ve yet to try them all! Batiste is extremely popular and claims to work well on all hair types, so if you’re wanting to try dry shampoo for the first time, this may be a good place to start.
- EvaNYC scent me this Dry Shampoo to try about a year ago, and I love it! According to them, “natural rice starch is gentle on hair and leaves no white residue, while Vitamin C & fatty acids enhance shine, nourish and repair.” I can attest to the lack of white residue, and it has a delightful scent. Plus, the packaging is darling!
Hopefully you find this list helpful if you’re on the hunt for a new dry shampoo, and please leave me your favorites in the comments! I’m a firm believer that I can never have too many options when it comes to dry shampoo. 😉
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on these links or make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small percentage of the profit at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Hoots of a Night Al!