Brr. It’s been so chilly here lately, which means perfect soup weather! If you want a simple soup that is delicious, easy, quick, and cheap…here you go!
This took me about 15 minutes to throw together, which is about all the energy I can muster on cold weather days. What? Texans are extra fragile when it comes to cold. Check out the recipe below if you want a cozy, easy meal, too!
Homemade 15-minute Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Egg Noodles (8 oz)
- Chicken Broth (80 oz)
- Cooked & cubed Chicken Breast (2 cups)
- I used the pre-seasoned Lemon Pepper chicken from H-E-B, and it added a nice flavor!
- If you don’t have time to cook chicken, consider purchasing the pre-cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken from H-E-B
- Sautéed vegetables (2 cups)
- Add these as preferred. I didn’t add any vegetables this time, but carrots, onions, and celery would all be great additions
- Salt & pepper
- Boil chicken broth. Once boiling, add egg noodles.
- While waiting for chicken broth to boil, cook chicken fully on medium heat. Cut chicken into cubes.
- If adding vegetables, chop and sauté them over medium heat for 5-10 minutes while noodles are boiling.
- Add chicken (and vegetables if using) to noodles and broth. Heat everything evenly for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
This makes around 6 bowls, so it would be great for a family dinner or for you to make Sunday and eat on for lunch all week. I think the addition of some oyster crackers would add a delicious crunch, as well!
Let me know if you make this recipe, and if there any yummy alterations you make that I should try!
It was so tasty!
Papaw soup! It looks delicious! I need to try to add chicken to mine.
Yum! Making this!
I think you and the boys would love it!
Oh my god, it looks so delicious yet light and healthy!
That was the goal! Thank you!